1. GENERAL TERMS
“Agreement” or “contract” means all of the documents which you and the Company have signed and the Credit Card Authorization Form you have signed.
“Client” or “you” means any purchaser and/or user of any of our Programs, Subscription Services and Online Materials.
“Company”, “we” or “us” means Challenge Factory doing business as the Centre for Career Innovation
The platform we offer at our website https://www.centreforcareerinnovation.ca is referred to as the “Site”.
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION
3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We Collect Personal Information You Voluntarily Provide.
Certain users of the Site choose to interact with us in ways that require us to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information gathered depends on the nature of the interaction. In each case, we collect such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfil the purpose of your interaction with us. Examples of the information we collect include:
• Client Information. This may include your first and last name, billing address, telephone number, email address, purchase details and card information when you purchase our Programs and Subscription Services.
• User Account Information. This may include your first and last name, email address and company name when you create an account on our Site.
• Promotional Information. Certain offerings of the Site are optional and so you are not required to enter them or to give us your data in connection with them. Where you do consent to take advantage of our offerings, we will use your data to (as applicable) send you newsletters and other communications that are tailored based on information we have about you.
• Technical Information. This includes data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system.
• Communication Information. This includes any communication that you send to us whether through the contact form on the Site, email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us.
• Marketing Information. This includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Information We May Automatically Collect
We collect non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each user request. Our purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how you use our Site. From time to time, we may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
4. USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
• To create and customize our Programs, Subscription Services and Online Materials in order to fulfill our contracts with you;
• For fraud prevention, on the basis of our legitimate interests in ensuring a safe and secure environment in which you can use our Programs, Subscription Services and Online Materials and in order to comply with our legal obligations;
• To analyze the Site usage as necessary for our legitimate interest in improving the Site to grow our business and decide our marketing strategy;
• To contact you and deliver (via email, push notifications or otherwise) transactional information, administrative notices, marketing notifications, offers and communications relevant to your use of Programs, Subscription Services and Online Materials, with your consent when required under applicable law, as necessary for our legitimate interests in proper communication and engagement with you and in promoting our business;
• To provide you with customer support in order to fulfill our obligations to you;
• For internal market research for our legitimate interest in improving the Site and our Programs, Subscription Services and Online Materials to grow our business;
• For troubleshooting problems for our legitimate interests in ensuring a safe and secure environment in which you and other users can receive the Programs, Subscription Services and Online Materials they opt to use;
• To assist you in the resolution of complaints and disputes, as necessary for our legitimate interests in facilitating good customer service to all users;
We may use the standard “cookies” feature of major web browsers. We do not set any Confidential Information in cookies, nor do we employ any data capture mechanisms on our website other than cookies. You may choose to disable cookies through your own web browsers settings. However, disabling this function may diminish your experience on the website and some features of our Programs, Subscription Services and Online Materials may not work as intended. We have no access to or control over any information collected by other individuals, companies or entities whose website or materials may be linked to our Programs, Subscription Services and Online Materials.
You can opt-out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
• Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
• Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
• Pinterest: https://help.pinterest.com/en/business/article/stop-ads
• Instagram: https://help.instagram.com/615366948510230
Additionally, you can opt-out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at http://optout.aboutads.info/.
7. EMBEDDED CONTENT
8. SHARING YOUR DATA
(a) Third Party Agents. We share information, including Identity Information, with entities that process information on our behalf for our business purposes. Third Party Agents assist us with services such as payment processing, data analytics, marketing and advertising, website hosting, fraud prevention and detection, communication services, and technical support. We contractually prohibit our Third Party Agents from retaining, using, or disclosing information about you for any purposes other than performing the services for us, although we may permit them to use information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law.
To operate the Challenge Factory platform we may share your information with our agents, representatives, vendors and service providers (“Third Party Agents”) so they can provide us with support services as follows:
• Email management;
• IT and system administration services
• Receipt, invoice, or support services;
• Customer relationship management services; and
• To otherwise help us provide the Site.
(b) Legal Obligations. Challenge Factory and our Third-Party Agents may disclose potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect our property or rights, third parties or the public at large.
(c) Merger or Acquisition. We reserve the right to share information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale, or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of our assets, or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another business.
9. RETAINING YOUR DATA
When you use our Programs, Subscription Services and Online Materials through the Site, we will store your information indefinitely to allow us to keep accurate records of any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. You may, at any time, contact us by writing to us at the address provided at the end of this policy to:
• See what data we have about you, if any.
• Change/correct any data we have about you.
• Have us delete any data we have about you.
• Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
10. PROTECTING YOUR DATA
We implement and maintain reasonable administrative, physical, and technical security safeguards to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. However, transmission via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of information about you.
The third party services that we use to store data are equipped to monitor unauthorized access and share with us any known system breaches. Additionally, if, at any point, we become aware of a data breach through one of the third parties listed above, or by our own measures, we will immediately contact all affected parties and also take immediate action in accordance with the rules and regulations of the authority having jurisdiction.
11. EU USERS
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) please note:
We may need to collect and process the types of Personal Information listed above in order to provide the Programs and Subscription Services to you or because we are legally required to do so. If you do not provide the information that we request, we may not be able to offer you the Programs and Subscription Services. We may use the Personal Information for our legitimate business interests, including those listed above.
You can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
If you would like to receive an electronic copy of your Personal Information, you may contact us at email@example.com
We keep your Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include (i) for as long as we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Programs and Subscription Services to you; (ii) as required by a legal obligation to which we are subject; (iii) as advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard of applicable statutes of limitations, litigation, or regulatory investigations).
You may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority competent for your country or region.
If you wish to inquire about your privacy rights please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. THIRD PARTY LINKS
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
13. OPTING OUT
To opt out of email subscriptions, please click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email you receive from us. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production.
15. CONTACTING US
If you have any questions or concerns about your privacy or anything in this policy, we encourage you to contact us by e mail at email@example.com.